Vegemite on toast is delicious it’s true, as is peanut butter, but having the same thing all the time can get seriously boring. Here’s some nutrient dense, refined sugar free ways to start your morning with a bang. And I promise it’s not just avocado toast 7 ways 😉
I used a biodynamic spelt loaf and organic overnight white sourdough in these pics, it was from Loafer and it was amazeballs. I’ve included two ways of doing avocado toast in this list because I love it and you probably do too. But there’s other delicious things you can pile on too. If you have things prepped before hand (such as the almond and coconut butter) none of these should take you more than 5 minutes to prepare. If you make one of these combos please share and tag @thehealthyhunter on Insta, I love seeing your creations.
- Avocado, feta, nut and mint toast. This is super simple, just slice 1/4 of an avocado and top it with 1/2 tbs crumbled feta, a tsp of mixed nuts and seeds, a few mint leaves, a sprinkle of paprika, pinch of salt and squeeze of lemon.
- Avocado Asian Style: Top your toast with 1/4 avocado, 1 Tbs chopped spring onion, 1 small finely sliced radish, 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger, a few coriander leaves, a drizzle of chilli oil (or just some chilli flakes) and a pinch of salt. Use a knife to spread it evenly over the toast and EAT.
- Pumpkin bruschetta: Super easy to do if you have leftover cooked pumpkin in your fridge!
- Feta, Tomato and Chilli: Spread 1 Tbs feta over your toast top with some finely sliced tomato (I used green, you can use whatever you please), a few slices birds eye chilli, flat leaf parsley, salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Vegemite, Egg and wilted greens: Fry an egg, once cooked remove from the pan and add a handful of kale, spinach or similar green to the pan along with a tiny drizzle of olive oil and a little water. Cook until wilted. Spread a little organic butter on your toast, top with your desired amount of vegemite followed by the greens then your egg and a crack of pepper.
- Almond and coconut butter + strawberry chia jam: You can prepare both of these earlier or just buy your fave nut butter and top with fresh strawbs if you’re reading this post because toast is as far as you when it comes to cooking! Almond and coconut butter: process 1 cup shredded coconut and 1 cup almonds until they become a butter consistency. Add 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract, a pinch of salt and 1 tsp of maple syrup or honey. Process until combined. Strawberry Chia Jam: Place 1 cup frozen or fresh strawberries and 1 Tbs water in a small pan, mash lightly with a fork, when collapsed add 1 Tbs chia seeds and cook for 5 minutes. Spread 1 Tbs of almond and coconut butter on your toast top with a heaped Tbs of strawberry jam and a sprinkle of chopped almonds.
- Choc, almond and coconut butter with toasted coconut: process 1 cup shredded coconut and 1 cup almonds until they become a butter consistency. Add 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract, a pinch of salt, 2 Tbs cacao powder and 1 tsp of maple syrup or honey. Process until combined. Top with 1 Tbs of toasted coconut flakes and a sprinkle of cacao nibs and bee pollen if you have them around.
Never let your mornings be boring again.