This weeks Friday Finds might be a little short as I’m on holiday. I’m visiting my sister and her family in Encinitas, California (see below for all the pretty) for the first part of this trip . The mix of a little jet lag and a lot of playing with my niece (6) and nephew (3) means there’s not much brain power or energy left today for post writing. But there’s a few things I wanted to write about.
- This song by Ali Barter. She’s a babe and a musical wizard and this one is gooooooood. She’s also playing at Laneway festival on the east coast of Australia super soon, so go see her because I can’t due to the whole holiday thing. Poor me haha.
- Hummus. I can’t stop eating it and love Yottam Ottolenghi’s recipe. This way is my new favourite but I also ate it tonight with some grilled chicken, salad and lemon.
- Also really loving all the continued discussion about what healthy really means. It is such a distorted word and I think lots of discussion about this is so important. I read this article this week, and the idea of thinking about the power words have over defining our food really struck a chord with me. Eat what you want to eat, just don’t bury your head in the sand about it.
- Chia pudding is back in my life, or was at the start of the week when it was summer. Really loving my vanilla chia pudding layered with banana parfait. Do it, it’s the perfect summer breakfast. See the picture above!
- I love the look of this citrus and avocado salad – definitely on my never ending list of salads to make, what’s on yours?
Have a fabulous weekend people.