Ever since doing the Gut Makeover, I’ve been really into keeping my breakfast grain free 5 days a week. This isn’t because there’s anything wrong with grains – I love grains and eat them all the time. It’s more about giving me space in my diet to make sure I’m including a wide variety of other foods, especially fruit and vegetables. This little collection of recipes are my regular go to breakfasts.
These breakfast, or variations of them, are part of my diet most weeks. I like to switch things up and eat a few different breakfast across this week. A couple of mornings I’ll have a smoothie, I might make an omelette or have a hummus and egg plate another couple of mornings, or I’ll whip up some simple fritters, hashbrowns or pancakes depending on what’s in the fridge.
If I have less time I’ll go with the carrot cake chia pudding (if I’ve prepped it the night before) or a smoothie. But cooking a couple of eggs int he morning is super easy and you can pair them with steamed or roasted vegetables you might have leftover in the fridge, along with some kraut and hummus or plain yoghurt and you’ve got a super delicious breakfast plate. And a super filling one. It might be a little different to what you’re used to but if you get one or two servings of vegetables in at breakfast, eating a wide variety and lots of them through out the day suddenly gets way easier.
That said, if I want a breakfast taco I’m definitely having one, same goes for avocado toast.
- Simple Green Smoothie – this is so easy and super tasty. Great if you’re in a hurry. And yep, you can just drink it out of a glass.
- Hummus Breakfast Plate. The carrots are great on this but if you want it to be quicker your could serve it with spinach and whatever vegetables you had for dinner last night. Serving it over yoghurt is also delicious, especially with a drizzle of chilli butter.
- Carrot Cake Chia Pudding. Prep this the night before and just top with yoghurt in the morning for a delicious and filling breakfast in no time at all. Or layer with a plain chia pudding and the above green smoothie for the prettiest breakfast ever. Go ahead and sleep in.
- Turmeric Omelette with Asian Slaw. This is usually something I do if I have leftover slaw in the fridge. I find slaw is one of those things I always make too much of so it’s a fairly regular occurrence for me.
- Cauliflower and Chickpea Baked Eggs: So delicious and filling without having bread on the side, just eat it with a spoon
Have fun and get creative with your breakfast!