Most days either my lunch or dinner is some sort of bowl food. Because things eaten from a bowl with just one utensil are somehow simpler and better… well maybe not better (I feel this is unfair to all the other delicious non-bowl food out there) but really good!
Technically, lots of different food fits into this expansive category: soup, pasta, curry, noodles etc. This post is focused on my favourite things that are a little more salad like. Those that fit into the nourish or buddha bowl category. Although they’re not strictly vegan or vegetarian because I don’t need labels! I have marked those that are though because even though I don’t like labels I get that some of you do. I’ve also marked those that are gluten or dairy free because I’m feeling particularly helpful today. Also, the vegetarian ones can easily become vegan by not adding an egg on top, in most cases.
For these bowls I typically have some sort of grain base, a mixture of raw, cooked or pickled vegetables and something crunchy (like nuts) + some sort of protein. Oh yes and a sauce. There has to be a dressing or a sauce.
They’re the perfect lunch for summer and I’m totally for eating as healthily as possible in November as it’s the start of the party and celebration season so looking after yourself is key!
- Ultimate Rainbow Buddha bowl – Vegetarian, Gluten Free
- Green Goddess bowl – Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- Soba noodle bowl with tahini dressing – Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- Sweet Potato and Kale nourish bowl – Vegetarian, Gluten Free
- Sticky Miso Mushroom Noodle Salad Bowl – Vegan, Gluten Free
- Crispy Ocean Trout Bowl – Gluten Free
- Crispy Coconut and Sesame Cauliflower Bowl – Gluten Free, Vegetarian, the bowl option is in the notes.
- Vegetarian Burrito Bowls with Haloumi – Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- Steak Burrito Bowls – Gluten Free
- Crispy Rice with All the Green Things – Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- Honey Thyme Roasted Carrot Nourish Bowl – Vegetarian, Gluten Free
- Vegetarian Bibimbap – Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian
Still want more ideas? Then check out my how to guide for making your own rainbow salad bowl!